Sheldon's New Office, that used to be Professor Rothman's Office is Sheldon's second office in Caltech, and one of the locations in The Big Bang Theory.
In "The Rothman Disintegration," Sheldon beats Kripke to win the retired Professor Rothman's office as his second office. This office is cross to Room 1709 (as shown in "The Extract Obliteration" and "The Parking Spot Escalation") Inside the office there are at least two whiteboards, a large window that opens, desks, air vent to the right of the desk, a sofa, bookcase, and filing cabinets, while a poster of a supernova is seen to the left outside entrance. When Sheldon moves in, several faults with this office drive Sheldon crazy:
- The low temperature that Sheldon cannot adjust, because the control of the thermostat is not in this office but in the next door, Prof. Davenport's, who set the temperature low due to "the hot flashes associated with menopause",
- A hole on the wall,
- Sound of wind chimes outside the window,
- Sound of a mocking bird which is "completely out of the tune with the wind chimes",
- Vibration of the sieve shaker of the Geology Lab from upstairs,
- Professor Rothman still appears in the office naked, from time to time.
In "The Higgs Boson Observation," Sheldon interviews his soon to-be new assistant Alex Jensen in this office. In the "The Parking Lot Escalation," Sheldon confronts an angry Howard in this office. In "The Egg Salad Equivalency," Sheldon conducts an unusual conversation with Alex in this office, which Alex (and most people) would interpret as sexual harassment.