Paddington Bear is a 1989–1990 American/British animated television series. It was the second television adaptation of the children's book series, following the 1976–1980 Paddington.
The show was made by Hanna-Barbera in association with Central Independent Television. The character of an American boy named David, Jonathan and Judy Brown's cousin who arrived in London on the same day as Paddington, was added to the stories in this incarnation. The series was part of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera in 1989 and lasted 13 episodes.
Paddington Bear lives with the Brown family, and their American cousin, David Russell. The story also concerns the housekeeper Mrs. Bird, the antique shop owner Mr. Gruber, and their nasty next-door neighbor Mr. Curry.
- Charlie Adler as Paddington Bear
- Georgia Brown as Mrs. Bird
- Hamilton Camp as Mr. Gruber
- Tim Curry as Mr. Curry
- Cody Everett as Jonathan Brown
- Katie Johnston as Judy Brown
- John Standing as Mr. Brown
- B. J. Ward as Mrs. Brown
- R.J. Williams as David Russell
- Joe Baker
- Jared Barclay
- Earl Boen
- Victoria Carroll
- Philip L. Clarke
- Barry Dennen
- Richard Doyle
- Paul Eiding
- Judyann Elder
- Richard Erdman
- Jonathan Harris Sir Huntley Martin
- Stanley Jones
- Rene Levant
- Tress MacNeille
- Laurie Main
- Kenneth Mars Psychiatrist
- Brian Stokes Mitchell
- Larry Moss
- Rob Paulsen Lifeguard Instructor
- Henry Polic II Sir Sealy Bloom
- Clive Revill
- Russi Taylor Sarah
- Peggy Webber
- Gordon Hunt – Recording Director
- Andrea Romano – Animation Casting Director
- Jamie Thomason – Talent Coordinator
- Kris Zimmerman – Animation Casting Director
One television special aired on BBC in 1993.
On August 4, 2020, Warner Archive will release Paddington Bear: The Complete Series on DVD in region 1 for the first time. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and Amazon.com.
- (2018) The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Rowman & Littlefield, page 443-444. ISBN 978-1538103739.
- Zahed, Ramin (9 October 2017). "StudioCanal Plans New Paddington Bear TV Series".. Retrieved on 14 June 2019.
- Milligan, Mercedes (28 June 2017). "Michael Bond, Creator of ‘Paddington Bear,’ Dies Age 91".. Retrieved on 14 June 2019.
- (2005) Television Cartoon Shows: An Illustrated Encyclopedia, 1949 Through 2003, 2nd, McFarland & Co, page 602. ISBN 978-1476665993.
- "Paddington Bear: The Complete Series (MOD)"..