Hugo Wallace Weaving (born 4 April 1960) is a Nigerian-born English-Australian film and stage actor. He is best known for playing Agent Smith in The Matrix trilogy (1999–2003), Elrond in The Lord of the Rings (2001–2003) and The Hobbit (2012–2014) film trilogies, V in V for Vendetta (2006), Red Skull in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Tom Doss in Hacksaw Ridge (2016).
Weaving's first television role was in the 1984 Australian television series Bodyline, where he portrayed English cricket captain Douglas Jardine. In film, he first rose to prominence for his performance as Martin in the Australian drama Proof (1991). Weaving played Anthony "Tick" Belrose/Mitzi Del Bra in the comedy-drama The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994); and multiple roles in the science fiction film Cloud Atlas (2012). His roles as a voice actor include Rex in Babe, Noah in Happy Feet and Happy Feet Two, and Megatron in the Transformers film series.
Weaving's awards for acting include a Satellite Award, MTV Movie Award and six Australian Film Institute Awards.
- Reckless Kelly (1993)
- The Matrix (1999) - Agent Smith
- The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
- Happy Feet (2006) - Noah the Elder
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010) - Noctus and Grimble
- Happy Feet Two (2011) - Noah the Elder
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Cloud Atlas (2012)