Various musical notes set up the sheet music to get ready for a performance of The Blue Danube Waltz. However, a sole note is missing. It turns out the note (a red-headed "High Note") is drunk upon staggering out of the sheet music to "Little Brown Jug", and the irritated composer chases after him to put him back in his place so the waltz can continue as planned. Throughout the chase, many objects are created from the simple musical notes, such as a dog, a slide, a clothes hanger, a lasso, and a horse, among others.
- "The Blue Danube" - Johann Strauss II
- "How Dry I Am" - Irving Berlin
- "Little Brown Jug" - Joseph Winner
- "Brahms' Lullaby" - Johannes Brahms
- "Where, Oh Where, Has My Little Dog Gone?"